Want fabulous looking skin? Of course you do, who doesn’t. The best way to do it is to nourish the skin from the inside out. The beauty industry has told us to apply skin products onto the skin, nourishing from the outside in. Although some nutrients soak into the skin, with different environmental and lifestyle factors the skin care products become ineffective. That’s why it’s important to put foods for healthy skin on your plate everyday. Everything you eat becomes a part of your body. The healthier the food you consume, the better your body and your skin will look. By eating a balanced diet you can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, prevent acne, improve your skin texture SkinCell PRO and complexion and have beautiful, glowing youthful skin. Feed your skin these foods to have clearer, smoother, younger looking skin.
1. Avocados- Avocados are a great food for the skin. They are rich in essential oils, fatty acids and vitamins. The fatty acids in avocados are monounsaturated fats, which are healthy fats but should be eaten in moderation. Healthy fats and oils keep the skin hydrated and give it a plump and youthful look. Avocados are filled with B complex vitamins, which nourish the skin. Avocados are filled with niacin, vitamin B3. Niacin is important for healthy skin because it is an anti-inflammatory, which soothes irritated, red and blotchy skin. Avocados are also full of biotin, another B complex vitamin. Biotin prevents dry skin, hair and nails. Avocados also contain antioxidants vitamin E and C. These antioxidants stop free radicals from damaging skin cells, which keeps skin looking young.
2. Pomegranates- Although pomegranates only have a short growing season, their fruit and juice are a great skin protectant. Pomegranates are loaded with polyphenol antioxidants, which fight free radicals and decrease the signs of aging. One antioxidant is anthocyanins, which strengthens the blood vessels in the skin. By strengthening the blood vessels more oxygen, nutrients and blood flow to the skin giving you a rosy complexion. Pomegranates also contain the antioxidant vitamin C, which helps to create more collagen the basic structure of our skin. Vitamin C also speeds up the healing of damaged skin cells.
3. Green Tea- Green tea has been touted for several health benefits throughout the body. Its ability to benefit our skin is just one more reason to drink it on a daily basis. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants, which fight free radicals from damaging skin cells. These antioxidants protect the cell membranes, which fights off inflammation. ECGC is one of the major antioxidants that green tea contains and has been proven to reduce redness from inflammation. The antioxidants contained in green tea play an important role in preventing and reducing skin damage from UV light. Whether you drink green tea or apply it directly on the skin you will notice a change in your skins appearance.
4. Walnuts-Most people skip right over all the other nuts and go directly to almonds, but walnuts are also a very healthy nut to help soften the skin. Walnuts are loaded with omega 3 fatty acids, which supply skin with its natural oils keeping skin smooth and plump. Essential fatty acids are necessary to maintain health cell membranes. A stronger membrane holds water in, keeps toxins out and keeps nutrients flowing into the cell and waste flowing out. When skin cells get the proper nutrients it improves the skins complexion and texture. Walnuts also contain the mineral copper, which helps to boost collagen production. Collagen gives the skin structure and needs to be replaced as it breaks down.
5. Sunflower Seeds- Sunflower seeds are also high in essential fatty acids, which keep the skin lubricated and hydrated. These fatty acids make skin soft and supple. Sunflower seeds are also loaded with antioxidants; especially Vitamin E. Vitamin E slows down the aging process sand protects the skin from damaging free radicals. Vitamin E also protects against damage from the sun. With these ingredients the skin is protected against acne, psoriasis and atopic dermatitis and other skin problems.